CSA's Position on COVID-19
- Category: News Items
- Published: Tuesday, 17 March 2020 19:11
- Written by CSA Admin
The CSA is actively following the news about the coronavirus (COVID-19). We know that many people are concerned about COVID-19, also known as the novel coronavirus, and that globally the outbreak is evolving quickly.
In response to the recent COVID-19 guidelines offered by our local, provincial and federal governing authorities, the CSA has decided to suspend our regional support group meetings and to postpone our Annual General Meeting (AGM) and any local/regional events such as documentary screenings until at least April 30.
For those of you who attend our regional support group meetings, please check our Support Group page for updates related to your group.
You can help protect yourself, your family, and our community by taking a few simple precautions:
- Stay home when you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is unwell.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water often, for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your sleeve; or cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the garbage.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch objects and surfaces frequently
The CSA will continue to monitor and reevaluate the information available to us from the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and local governing authorities, making any necessary adjustments in our position regarding COVID-19.
Here’s some good news! Given that our 2020 CSA Conference is November 7-8 (in Niagara Falls), everything is proceeding as originally planned and we’ll be requesting workshop proposals in the next week or so!
On behalf of the CSA Board of Directors, thank you for your understanding and be well!
Canadian Stuttering Association