About the CSA
CSA Mission Statement
The Canadian Stuttering Association is a national, volunteer driven, not-for-profit organization that promotes awareness of stuttering and provides support for people who stutter and their families, with a view to helping stutterers deal as effectively as possible with their stutter and to achieve their full personal and professional potential.
CSA Vision Statement
To be a reliable source of information and support for Canadian stutterers and their families, and to be seen as a credible, “go to” organization for media and the general public seeking information about stuttering.
The Canadian Stuttering Association is run entirely by the passion, energy and commitment of volunteers, most of whom are people who stutter.
- To help people who stutter and their families find reliable information and support.
- To help people across Canada to connect and share knowledge and experiences of stuttering.
- To promote awareness and understanding of stuttering through public education and outreach
The CSA is membership-based. Please join today! People who stutter, parents, speech language pathologists as well as support groups and treatment centres can be members.
What do we do?
- We help people who stutter to connect and support each other in overcoming the barriers of stuttering. Our website and Facebook pages are currently our main tools here.
- We provide information on treatment and support options. There are many helpful approaches and we strive to give impartial information to support informed decision making and personal growth.
- We organise information and social events
- We help speech and language therapists (and student therapists) to understand more about the effects of stuttering on our lives
- We encourage support groups for people who stutter
- We give media interviews about the experiences of stuttering and the support available.
The Canadian Stuttering Association is a registered charity and a federal not-for-profit corporation.
CRA charity number: 830606943RC0001 Corporation number: 429745-8