ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF TERMS OF PARTICIPATION AND RISKS
In consideration for the CSA collecting my personal information to compile the
“Roommate Interest List” for the purposes of facilitating my efforts to find a roommate(s) for the CSA 2022 Conference (the “Facilitation Service”), I hereby agree to the terms and conditions agreement stated below.
As a Registrant you fully understand and hereby acknowledge that:
- The CSA is facilitating room sharing for the sole benefit of its conference attendees. I further understand and acknowledge that any information distributed within the Roommate Interest List will not be checked for accuracy.
- By submitting my name and email address to be added to the “Roommate Interest List”, I consent to allowing another Registrant to contact me about sharing a room.
- I am responsible for my own due diligence in conducting all appropriate inquiries/screening on prospective roommates.
- Sharing a room with someone else comes with inherent risks, dangers, and hazards which may result in injury, illness or death and am fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with sharing a room.
- It is my responsibility to comply with applicable laws, statues, and regulations, including the policies of the Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls-Fallsview in participating in this Facilitation Service.
- I may be individually liable for anything I communicate with other Registrants in participating in the Facilitation Service, including but not limited to defamatory, discriminatory, or false or unauthorized information.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OR LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, THAT MAY BE SUSTAINED BY ME OR MY CHILD, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OWNED BY ME OR MY CHILD, AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS FACILITATION SERVICE AND SHARING A ROOM WITH ANOTHER REGISTRANT, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES, AS HEREINAFTER DEFINED, OR OTHERWISE.
RELEASE AND WAIVER FROM LIABILITY/DUTY TO INDEMNIFY CSA AND CANADIAN STUTTERING ASSOCIATION.
I, on behalf of myself, my child, my personal representatives, my heirs and assigns, hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE THE CANADIAN STUTTERING ASSOCIATION, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, VOLUNTEERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS AND INSURERS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO COLLECTIVELY AS “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, THAT MAY BE SUSTAINED BY ME OR MY CHILD, OR TO ANY PROPERTY BELONGING TO ME OR MY CHILD, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, OR OTHERWISE, WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THIS FACILITATION SERVICE AND SHARING A HOTEL ROOM WITH ANOTHER REGISTRANT AT THE CROWNE PLAZA NIAGRA FALLS - FALLSVIEW HOTEL OR WHILE IN, ON OR UPON ANY PREMISES WHERE THE CANADIAN STUTTERING ASSOCIATION CONFERENCE IS BEING CONDUCTED, WHILE IN TRANSIT TO OR FROM THE HOTEL ROOM, OR IN ANY PLACE OR PLACES CONNECTED WITH THE CANADIAN STUTTERING ASSOCIATION CONFERENCE ACTIVITIES.
I FURTHER HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES AND EACH OF THEM, FROM ANY LOSS, LIABILITY, DAMAGE OR COSTS THEY MAY INCUR DUE TO MY OR MY CHILD’S PARTICIPATION IN FACILITATION SERVICE AND WHILE SHARING A HOTEL ROOM WITH ANOTHER REGISTRANT, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OR ALL OF THE RELEASEES, OR OTHERWISE.
CSA RIGHT OF REMOVAL
The CSA reserves the right to remove the Registrant from the Roommate Interest List if they harass other registrants or persistently solicit or distributed unwanted services/unauthorized advertising and marketing materials. Registrants acknowledge that communicating with other Registrants for solicitation or commercial uses is strictly prohibited.
It is your responsibility to contact prospective roommates and to make hotel arrangements. Individuals should conduct their own appropriate inquiries or screening. The Canadian Stuttering Association assumes no responsibility for your arrangements.