About the CSA
The Canadian Stuttering Association is run entirely by the passion, energy and commitment of volunteers, most of whom are people who stutter.
Our purposes are:
- To help people who stutter and their families find reliable information and support.
- To help people across Canada to connect and share knowledge and experiences of stuttering.
- To promote awareness and understanding of stuttering through public education and outreach
The CSA is membership-based. Please join today! People who stutter, parents, speech language pathologists as well as support groups and treatment centres can be members.
What do we do?
- We help people who stutter to connect and support each other in overcoming the barriers of stuttering. Our website and Facebook pages are currently our main tools here.
- We provide information on treatment and support options. There are many helpful approaches and we strive to give impartial information to support informed decision making and personal growth.
- We organise information and social events
- We help speech and language therapists (and student therapists) to understand more about the effects of stuttering on our lives
- We encourage support groups for people who stutter
- We give media interviews about the experiences of stuttering and the support available.
The Canadian Stuttering Association is a registered charity and a federal not-for-profit corporation.
CRA charity number: 830606943RC0001 Corporation number: 429745-8